Many of us have already begun to think about 2021 and things we would like to accomplish in the coming year. As more time is spent indoors, improving those spaces in a variety of ways is a goal to consider. With that in mind, we wanted to share this summary of an article from Facility Executive Magazine on five ways that window films can be used to improve your facility. The article hits on several of the key ways that building owners and commercial property managers integrate window films to improve commercial spaces.
Five Ways Window Films Improve Commercial Spaces
- Energy Conservation: Up to 30% of any building’s cooling and heating load is through windows. Installing window film reduces the stress on a facility’s HVAC system. Many films block up to 80 percent of the sun’s heat, helping to cut cooling costs.
- Safety and Security: Windows and doors are the most vulnerable parts of any building. They are easy points of entry for people who may mean harm to the occupants, the building itself, or its contents. When professionally installed safety film is added, the glass doesn’t shatter, delaying the intruder’s entrance, and allowing local authorities to get to the scene in a timely matter.
- Health and Comfort: The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends solar control window film to protect healthy skin and prevent premature aging. Window film lets natural daylight in, but blocks up to 99% of the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays, and up to 80% of the sun’s heat protecting the building’s occupants and preventing interior furnishings from fading. Employees are also more productive and comfortable thanks to window film reducing solar glare, not only on their computer screens but throughout the entire building.
- Green Benefits: Nearly 75% of windows are not energy efficient, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Window film installation costs a fraction of new window replacement, and accomplishes many of the same goals, as well as going a long way in reducing a building’s carbon footprint.
- Aesthetics: Window film can improve the aesthetics of any commercial building. By improving the look of dated windows with film, the whole building will appear as though it had a modern facelift. Many manufacturers also offer decorative films that can add style, privacy and create a unique interior design. With certain styles of decorative films, facility executives can even achieve the look of etched glass at a fraction of the cost.
You can find the entire article HERE.
We hope that you found this summary informative and that it helps you in your goal to improve your commercial space in 2021. If you would like more information on commercial window films, click HERE. If you have any questions about these innovative films, please contact us by calling (856) 422-4949 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are located in Tabernacle, New Jersey and service the entire greater Philadelphia area.